.toolbox events in May – Free Blend training in Chicago, New York, Boston and Austin
.toolbox is going on the road!
The .toolbox site is hosting 4 events in May. These interactive workshops are focused on improving your skills with Expression Blend and Silverlight. Topics covered include:
- the Blend workspace
- prototyping with SketchFlow
- drawing and animation
- importing artwork from other tools
- styling and skinning controls
- transitions and effects
- adding interactivity with behaviors
- and whatever else we can fit in based on time and interest of attendees
Who should attend?
- designers who want to build on their interaction skills
- developers who want to learn Silverlight
- developers who want to improve their Silverlight UI skills
When and Where will the events be held?
- May 7 – Wyndham Hotel, Chicago – register
- May 11 – Crowne Plaza Times Square, New York – register
- May 14 – NERD Center, Boston – register
- May 26 – Intercontinental Stephen F. Austin, Austin – register
Are these the same events as the Silverlight Design Days?
Yes. If you have already registered for a Silverlight Design Day you do not need to register again. The good news is that along with the re-branding of the events we have also added seating at each event. When we started these workshops in February, the .toolbox site was not live yet, but now we’re ready to celebrate and shout out its name.
Will these events be as entertaining as the Conan O’Brien show you just saw?
I can’t play guitar, but I hope to make the events engaging. I will be there presenting along with some other local stars to be confirmed shortly.
I can’t make it to an event, but I still want to learn, where do I go?
The .toolbox site, of course!
Other sites with Expression Blend and Silverlight tutorials include:
- Expression Blend team blog
- Expression Forums
- Eyes of Blend tutorials
- Flash to Silverlight Guide
- Dynamic Prototyping
- Silverlight Switch
- Videos from Victor Gaudioso
- Nibbles Tutorials
- Hope to see you there! If you plan to attend, feel free to let me know here or @adkinn