Outlook “Import Contacts” Oddity
- Go into Outlook 2003, Export Contacts into an MS Access file.
- Zip up file, send file to new computer to use for communication
- Open up Outlook 2003 on new computer, click Import and select unzipped MS Access file
- Wizard selections: Import from another program or file | Microsoft Access | Allow duplicates | choose folder
- Click Finish, Import runs
All of your contacts’ emails are missing. The default mapping of fields between the Access file and Outlook does not map the Email fields. Before clicking Finish in step 5, you need to go back to the end of step 4 and click Map Custom Fields and specify that you want the Email to be imported as well. I don’t know about you, but that email address is the most important field to me when using my email program…