Thoughts on Seattle
So this is the beginning of my fourth week living in the Seattle area. Brand new state, brand new region, very different from the cornfields of Indiana. But in a good way, a very good way.
Let’s see we’ve got –
- Diversity – All types of people in all different ways, in the city and at the work place, love it. You can really be who you are.
- Vegetation – Plants everywhere, big very green plants everywhere. As a child of the forest growing up, I am really enjoying the temperate rainforest
- Mountains – yes, real mountains, and they are stunning. On the way to work on a clear morning I get a great view of Mt. Rainier. Can’t wait to explore those closer. I want to snowboard!
- Weather – rainy, no not really. Just drizzle or sprinkles. Lots of those. But otherwise the tempature hasn’t been too hot or too cold.
- Lack of bugs – much lesser bug population here, but the slugs appear much larger and plentiful.
- Traffic – Many many cars. Definitely something to get used to (and plan for). I am stunned out how many cars I see displaying their car dealers license border. Either the dealer loyalty is much greater out here or I’m just spending more time staring at bumpers.
- Events – always something to do here. I got to go to a Seattle Storm game (thanks Heather!) and looking forward to a Sonics game. Concert selection is killer.
Yeah, I think I can get pretty comfortable out here.