MIX07, if I was a conference
One topic I have been wanting to talk about since my blog was down, is MIX07.
Although I’ve always been a fan of PDC and Tech-Ed, MIX is what I would want to be if I were a conference. Add one part Web Designer, one part Web Developer (we already went through that mashup here) and one part Web Businessperson and you have a good mix (that was too easy, and don’t worry I am not going to try and use the word “devbizigner” anytime soon). Although, designing and developing is my core, I do enjoy reading about business especially fast and 2.0 versions of business.
For developers, the conference covers Ajax, Live, XNA and Windows Media Center. For designers, WPF/E, the Expression suite and how IE7 is a good thing. For business people, better experiences for customers and online media.
To see how all these topics will be covered, you can view the MIX sessions online. After looking at the list, the first three sessions that stand out include:
- Designing Stunning Sites with “WPF/E” – Stunning people sounds good.
- First Look at the Future of IE – I really enjoyed the IE panel last year, and am looking forward to finding out more about the next steps for IE.
- Gazing into the Future of Web Development – the title says it all
- High-Speed Development with the AJAX Control Toolkit -I actually first used this toolkit this past weekend on this blog, check out the Archives listing in the right side bar. Now check out the rest of the controls. Nice!
- Rich Media, Low Cost – Very applicable for the work we do, we’re thinking through how to improve our media experience on Channel 9 and 10 and how we can innovate there.
So that’s more than three like I was shooting for, but there are a lot of promising sessions available. If you’re planning to go let me know and I’ll bring a Channel 9 guy for you or maybe even a Channel 9 or 10 laptop sticker.