Happy Holidays in Silverlight with help from COLOURlovers
A collision of ideas happened yesterday. The second run of the MIX 10k contest was announced and I realized just how close we are to the holidays. So I thought to myself, “I need a holiday card generator that runs on less than 10k of code”. And that’s exactly what I made.
I’ve run the program a few times now and below are a few of my favorite prints. Here’s how you can make your own:
- Open the Holiday Card Generator page.
- A random palette will be selected using the awesome COLOURlovers API.
- If you want a new palette of colors, refresh the page.
- Random holiday shapes will begin appearing on the screen.
- if you want a new arrangement, click one of the shapes with your mouse.
- Once the all the shapes appear, move the mouse to slide the arrangement around.
- Use some screen capture like the Snipping Tool or old Print Screen to save it.
- Or, just hit refresh and start all over again.
This was a lot of fun and pretty easy to do. I can see how once you get started on the “generated art” you just keep going.