.toolbox – Free online Silverlight and Expression Blend training
Woohoo, the site is live! .toolbox is a free online training program where designers and developers can learn to create Silverlight applications using Expression Studio and to apply basic UX concepts to their solutions.
I was lucky enough to get involved with the project while it was coming together and I’m very excited to see it out there in the wild. I hope you really enjoy the training content. This site will be the answer to two questions I am asked often:
- I’m a designer, how do I get started with Silverlight & Blend? .toolbox Design Scenarios
- I’m a developer, can you teach me how to design? .toolbox Design Principles
To Get Started
- Go to .toolbox and sign up using your Windows Live ID
- Visit the School section and explore the curriculum.
- Select a module, watch the videos, and follow along using the provided guide & assets.
- Take the evaluation for a completed level to achieve a badge.
- Broadcast your achievements by posting to Twitter and Facebook.